Commercial roll-up garage doors are convenient and extremely efficient. They also present significant danger to the work place and employees. One of the most common reasons these types of doors malfunction and cause injuries is due to a lack of proper professional maintenance. Preventive maintenance is essential to maintaining employee safety.
Professional maintenance does not necessarily indicate a requirement to hire someone. Many businesses and factories have a full-time, maintenance department. Those that do not should consider calling Perfect Solutions Garage Door and schedule an appointment with one of our specialist to discuss a routine maintenance program.
Malfunction Prevention Checklist
Commercial roll-up garage doors should be routinely inspected for danger signs about once per month. These doors receive a large amount of use and abuse daily. Check cables; springs; pulleys; and rollers for fraying or worn spots. It is a good idea to have staff members designated for this task and provide them with a checklist so that the complete the steps systematically.
- Commercial roll-up garage doors be cleaned periodically to keep them free of dirt, grime, and debris. This can keep them functioning smoothly for years to come. Consult the manufacturer’s manual and/or contact a garage door specialist.
- It is essential to lubricate the hinges and rollers with a high quality product quarterly or more often depending upon the level of usage.
- Mild detergent may be used to clean weather stripping. Ensure that the detergent is rinsed thoroughly or it may become sticky and inhibit proper operation. Lubricate the stripping with a silicone based lube. This allows the stripping to maintain flexibility.
- The roll-up door’s inside tracks should be visually inspected to ensure that the hardware used to mount it to the wall is not loose and tighten any that is loose.
- Close the roll-up door and from inside the garage inspect its tracks for flat spots and/or dents.
- Clean tracks and rollers well using a concentrated detergent to ensure that all old grease and dirt has been removed. Wipe each dry with a soft cloth.
- If the tracks appear to be misaligned, it is best to call a garage door specialist to readjust them.
- Inspect the hinges which join the sections to see if any need tightening or replacing.
- Use a powdered graphite or spray lube to lubricate moving components. A silicone type or household oil.
A Word to the Wise
Many types of businesses rely on the functionality of their roll-up doors for productivity. It is extremely important to ensure that they function properly at all times. One of the best ways to do that, especially for exceptionally busy individuals, is to seek a professional garage door contractor for all commercial roll-up garage door issues including maintenance and repair. Perfect Solutions Garage Door will be happy to visit your business site to discuss any repair or function issues that you may be experiencing. We can also set your company up with routinely scheduled maintenance and inspection visits. Leaving your garage door matters to us will allow you to attend to more pressing productivity and company affairs.